Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Surprise!!!


Wow, after nine years we finally figured it out!!

Although we didn't want to ruin the surprise of what we got the parents for Christmas this year, we are just too giddy and have to share the news.  We are happy to announce that this year we will finally fulfill our yearly promise to each of our mothers that this would be the year we would give them a grandchild.

We went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound and found out that I am 7 1/2 weeks along and my due date will be June 13, 2009.  The printer on the machine was broken so we didn't get a picture, but here is a picture of the ultrasound I had done at 5 weeks:




Yeah, I was disappointed too.  You can't even tell that's a baby!  But today things looked a little more babylike and we were able to see the heartbeats.  The doctor promised that I could have another quick scan next month so I could get a picture. 

Dad, I'm sorry that I lied to you like five times over the last month.  I wanted it to be a surprise, and it is really hard to surprise the OBGYN that is calling in the progesterone tests.  Also, I think I can pretty positively state that I will definitely give birth before Mexico, so if I can travel that quickly after birth, count us in! 

Mom, all I can say is that I told you my eggs weren't dysfunctional.

Though the doctor was not definitive on the sex, Curt did the math and has determined that there is a 75% chance of having a boy and a 75% chance of having a girl.  Statistics aren't my thing, but Curt is pretty adamant that his calculation is correct.


3 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

    YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! DID YOU REALLY JUST TELL EVERYONE YOU WERE PREGO OVER BLOGGER.COM!? Is that what they tell you to do in NY? CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you guys I can hardly believe it! WOW WOW WOW Sydneys going to have a sibling! I bet she is excited. Ha I swear this makes my entire day! Really he/she is adorable. You and curtis really make 'em cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!! We are so happy for you guys - congrats! If you want to check out our blog it is chidester.blogspot.com. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO EXCITING!!! I have to tell you though as we ate dinner with G&G Ellsworth tonight and I asked them if they heard your good news (which of course they had) and Grandma said you were having twins. I thought she was being her forgetful self and laughed it off - until I checked your blog AGAIN and saw she was right. Way to go! Now I'm twice as excited.

    ReplyDelete